Sunday, November 09, 2008

Bea's Vs

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been working on a test knit for Bea, and since it's now been released, I can share it with you!




Totally cool! It's called V-stripe, and the Vs are formed by cables that move gently down the cuff and flow into the heel flap and foot. Here's a shot of the cuff and top of the foot.



And here's the back of the leg and the heel flap.



The flap is ribbed, and a detail I particularly liked is the gusset,which is also ribbed.




The pattern is available, in four sizes, either directly from Bea's site or from Ravelry.

I quite like the yarn I used. It's a semi-solid, which slightly striped on the cuff and then softly mottled on the foot.




It's from Tannis Fiber Arts, and the colourway is called Orange Blossom.


She has a lot of very nice semi-solids, and the yarn has a substantially squishy feel to it and wonderful stitch definition. Even though I've put a hiatus on sock yarn buying, I might have gone back to get some more in different colours. :-)

25 people had something to say:

Unknown said...

Interesting and creative pattern. I'll have to check it out.

Very pretty yarn color.

Teyani said...

wonderfully creative pattern.
and that yarn - love the color!

turtlegirl76 said...

That certainly is an interesting pattern! Love the color of the yarn.

Sarah said...

That's such a fun pattern. And of course I LOVE that orange yarn you used.

Donna M said...

Love the sock pattern and love the Tanis yarn. I think I have knit 7 pairs in her yarn and every pair gets compliments on the colour!

sheep#100 said...

How interesting - I've never before seen a ribbed gusset.

fleegle said...

It's lovely! And the color is delicious. Have you actually walked on a ribbed heel? Is it comfortable?

Virtuous said...

Those are fab Dave!! I am sure you didn't mine being the guinea pig at all! ;op

lexa said...

Neat pattern, and I just love orangey sock yarns. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool socks and like everyone else... I LOVE the color of that yarn!

Jean said...

I'll have to make a note of this yarn and perhaps add it to my stash. The socks are quite cheery for your fall and winter weather. I really like the pattern on the gusset, how clever!

LaurieM said...

Seeing your orange sock was a much needed bright spot in a grey November day. However, I'm suspicious of how those fancy heels will wear. Do report back to us on how they hold up, please?

bockstark.knits said...

very cool pattern, great color!

Magaki said...

I love them :)

Anonymous said...

Nice legs!

big geek beth

Marjorie said...

Terrific pattern. I'm a semi-solid kind of gal, so I appreciate the link.

Anonymous said...

That is a great pattern! Nice job!

jessie said...

Great pattern!

Opal said...

I just love the way that design flows!

Anonymous said...

Nifty!

Zonda said...

That is an interesting pattern, great job on the knitting! :)

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

V for victory! My mom would love that, being English and raised in the heritage of Victory gardens during the second world war... cool looking, too.

Tallguy said...

OMG! That is almost just like MY sock -- I'm doing them toe-up, and have just turned the heel. What's wrong with the Universe? I guess it must be all out of new ideas, and is giving out the same ideas to several people! Too weird! Mine will be posted soon.

Anonymous said...

Great socks fun!
And I love your lace too. It glows...

jen said...

These look really funky with the sharp "V" and the colour looks so juicy!